12th October: a bin fire in a residential block of flats was successfully extinguished following the activation of the residential sprinkler system. The cause of the fire was a candle which had been extinguished but not cooled sufficiently before it was disposed of in the bin.

On arrival crews established that the sprinkler system had successfully extinguished the fire, damage to the premises was minimal.

Sprinkler Saves | Essex Residential Sprinkler Save

12th October: 20th storey flat in Battersea destroyed. 2 residents hospitalised. 50 evacuated. 10 fire engines and 70 firefighters responded to over 18 calls. Firefighters worked quickly bringing the fire under control within an hour.

Fire at block of flats – Battersea | London Fire Brigade (london-fire.gov.uk)